Axalta is a leading global company focused solely on coatings and providing customers with innovative, colorful, beautiful and sustainable solutions. From light OEM vehicles, commercial vehicles and refinish applications to electric motors, buildings and pipelines, our coatings are designed to prevent corrosion, increase productivity and enable the materials we coat to last longer. With more than 150 years of experience in the coatings industry, the approximately 14,000 people of Axalta continue to find ways to serve our more than 100,000 customers in 130 countries better every day with the finest coatings, application systems and technology. For more information visit axalta.com and follow us @Axalta on Twitter and on LinkedIn.
See link: Axalta/Axalta Brochure 2018.pdf
The Value Segment Product Specialist will be the primary product technical resource for the territory sales team. He/she will support all Axalta Coating System's products in all market segments including: Core Collision, MSO, and Commercial Fleet / Industrial Segments to promote growth and customer loyalty. The Product Specialist will work as a member of a territory sales team to contribute to sales growth and customer satisfaction. Core Job Responsibilities:
* Develops, trains and supports our distributor personnel to meet the needs of our collision shop customers, particularly in the areas of new products, technical support, training availability, and value-added programs.
* Trained and competent in all Axalta Coating System brands and technologies to support strategic accounts and new customer installations.
* Schedules, coordinates, and conducts education events like refinisher meetings, lunch and learns, WOW sessions and counter clinics to provide guidance in optimizing paint and material system performance and profitability.
* Demonstrates safety awareness at all times, including emphasis on the safe application of products and the use of personal protective equipment while acting as an example for customers.
* Is a strong team player and actively seeks opportunities to support territory activities; collaborates well with team and eagerly contributes ideas during territory meetings.
* Will complete certification training for all Axalta Coating System brands and technologies.
* Utilizes Axalta account management tools to support key accounts and builds relationships with key decision makers.
* Manages overall selling expense within designated budget.
* Remains current with industry trends and association activities.
* Demonstrates and fosters teamwork with peers and other resources to meet customer needs.
* Maintains current account list with emphasis on retention, documented with the utilization of Axalta's CRM software
* High School Diploma, required; Vocational Degree, preferred.
* Minimum of 10 years of Industry experience.
* Possesses good computer skills and can effectively use applications such as e-mail, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Acts with a high sense of urgency, and will be able to prioritize work effectively.
* Having a good understanding of body shop operations and application equipment.
* Demonstrates effective written, oral communication, and presentation skills.
* Must possess strong problem solving, time management and communication skills.
* Aptitude to effectively work with others as a contributing member of a high performance sales team.
* Ability to sell, influence and negotiate with customers.
* Willingness to exhibit concern for impact competency
* Good interpersonal skills and sensitivity/respect for peoples' differences.
* Self-motivated; must be an effective performer with minimal supervision.
* Presents oneself in professional manner throughout all levels of the organization.
* Business background/acumen and strong customer focus.
* Has the ability to effectively network internally and with customers.
* Is an active listener and is able to interpret customer needs.
Associated topics: grind, grit, grit ballast, paint, painter, plater, polish, spray, surface, wax