At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness and in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Research Computing Group and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
If you are driven, tenacious and analytical, you will have fun working in Research Computing! Come join our collaborative, flexible work environment, where opportunities abound to work with leading technologies and learn new skills! The HPC Team within our Research Computing Group provides a variety of services to our research community including storage, compute and software environments, as we aim to offer researchers all the tools they need to generate, store, explore, visualize and analyze their data. Our projects are typically driven by researchers and completed in collaboration with other teams at BCH.
We are currently looking for a senior system administrator to join our High Performance Computing Team. The role will be responsible for managing the full spectrum of infrastructure and computing projects, including management of AWS and Google Cloud services; management of enterprise-level productivity tools (GSuite, DropBox, Electronic Lab Notebooks), deployment of complex research software on in-house virtual machines and cloud resources; optimization of research pipelines; deployment, monitoring and managing upgrades of various servers and storage infrastructures. The position requires participating in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
This Senior Scientific System Administrator will be responsible for:
* A positive attitude and ability to develop productive relationships with researchers, members of the Computational Health Informatics Program and members of the Information Services Department.
* Excellent problem solving, project management and communication skills. Ability to gather requirements, design and implement secure systems. History of successfully delivering large scale projects end-to-end, through the entire life-cycle.
* Knowledge of scripting and/or programming languages and familiarity with current software development best practices.
* Fluency in Linux, OS X and Windows operating system.
To qualify, you must have:
* A bachelor's degree in computer science or an advanced degree in one of the STEM disciplines, combined with relevant experience.
* Five or more years of experience with independently managing on-premise and cloud HPC resources, including deploying clusters, monitoring resources, managing job schedulers and virtual machines.
* Experienced with compiling and installing open-source software with complex dependencies
* Experience supporting servers running Windows, OS X and Linux operating systems.
* Previous experience providing user support in a research environment desired.
If you are intrigued by the challenge of helping to support the pediatric research enterprise and its various components, then this opportunity is for you!
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Associated topics: http, infrastructure, ip, network administrator, router, scom, scom sccm, server, system center configuration manager, tcp
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.