Outperform your competition; consider becoming part of our growing family!
At ConRes, we believe that a Company is only as successful as its employees are and its customers.
With over 50 years of experience nationwide, we are a seasoned technology integrator that provides information technology solutions. Our IT experts offer Enterprise-class solutions ranging from cloud, virtualization, converged infrastructures, backup and recovery, to storage networking and security.
Awards and Recognition:
* Cisco s 2016 Break Away Partner of the Year
* Area s 100 Largest Private Companies
* Continental Resources ranked #59 of 500 solution providers
* CRN s 2015 List of Tech Elite 250
The Sr. Cloud and Virtualization Engineer will work with a team of managed services analysis and engineers to deliver excellent support and management of our customers environments. Our managed services cloud practice focuses on providing the comprehensive expertise that our customers need to manage and operate their AWS and virtualization environments. This role is ideal for someone who is extremely hands on but can also think strategically about designing solutions and analyzing risk. This role is heavily customer facing and requires excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing the highest quality customer service.
* Assist with design and implementation and expansion of cloud and virtualization environments
* Mentor team members and provide training on cloud and virtualization technologies
* Design and document processes, procedures, and reporting to ensure our customer environments are operating efficiently and in line with best practices
* Lead and participate in Cloud and Virtualization related projects as well as customer onboarding
* Identify and become proficient in emerging cloud technologies needed to provide top-tier cloud solutions to our customers
* Participate in interviewing future team members
* Collaborate across teams to ensure transparent delivery of all services from ConRes. This will include working closely with both our professional services and account management teams
* Scope and implement effective monitoring of customer s cloud and virtualization environments
* Troubleshoot, remediate and perform root cause analysis on cloud and virtualization incidents
* Document and perform patching and upgrades on cloud and virtualization infrastructure
* Provide on-call support for off-hours incidents and patching
* Provide meaningful updates to customers and accurately maintain Incident, request, problem and change tickets
* Create environmental health reports with proactive findings and recommendations for improvement
* Other responsibilities as requested
Qualifications or Equivalent: =============================
Education and Training
* BS or BA with a technical concentration
* Relevant certifications strongly preferred:
* AWS associate or professional level certification
* VMware VCP/VCAP/VCDX
* Any other cloud-specific certifications
* ITIL v3 Foundation
* 5+ years experience in a technical field
* 3+ years experience that is focused on cloud infrastructure
* Experience with engineering standards, design, and maintenance best practices for enterprise network, compute and storage environments.
* Experience with cloud infrastructure migrations
* Experience in 24x7x365 Managed Services or SaaS organization preferred
* Experience using ITSM and Monitoring tool sets.
* Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt.
* Ability configuring and support AWS and VMware infrastructure
* Comfortable working with both Linux and Windows based systems
* Strong understanding of enterprise network technologies
* Proficient with AWS CloudFormation and AWS APIs
* Proficient with vSphere CLI
* Knowledge of MySQL, MongoDB, or other databases
* Ability to present findings and recommendations to customers
* Ability to articulate technical information to non-technical audiences
* Ability to manage projects efficiently from scoping through completion
* Ability to develop and implement processes and procedures
#Conres - provided by Dice Associated topics: cloud architect, equipment, http, infrastructure architect, maintain, maintenance, principal systems engineer, senior engineer, system architect, systems integration architect
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.