Technical Marketing Writer
EnterpriseDB (EDB) is a privately-owned, fast growing, global software organization. We are looking for an experienced Technical Marketing Writer to work on EDB s Content Marketing team and help us execute against our content marketing strategy.
As THE Enterprise Postgres Company, we deliver an open source-based data management platform based on PostgreSQL, optimized for greater scalability, security, and reliability..
We're looking for a tech-savvy content creator who can collaborate with internal and external teams and subject matter experts to create weekly blog posts, white papers, and web content for our target audience of Developers, DBAs and IT executives. Topics will include database technologies like PostgreSQL, Oracle, AWS RDS/Aurora, and MongoDB, container technologies like Kubernetes and Docker, and themes like monitoring, scalability, replication, data distribution, backup and recovery, cloud migration, cloud deployment, performance tuning, new application development, replatforming, and microservices and more.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled technical writer with hands-on experience in this field, either as a former developer, DevOps manager, or DBA and possess a deep understanding of the subject matter.
- Investigate and write technical content for our target audience of Developers, DBAs and IT executives including blog posts, web pages, how-to-guides, demos, white papers, and other content forms, as needed.
- Write technical pieces independently as well as manage projects leveraging the skills of external contractors (copywriters, contract technical writers, agencies) and other content creators inside EDB (content marketing managers, product managers, product marketers, developers, engineers, etc.)
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure their input and requirements are fully captured and the messages conveyed in the resulting content is technically accurate and according to their expectations.
- Help review the technical accuracy of content pieces created by others, such as external contractors and content creators inside EDB. Edit and proofreading pieces before publication, moving pieces promptly through the production cycle to adhere to publishing timelines.
- Work in a structured and organized way in agile teams. Be comfortable in working in short time-boxed sprints with weekly standups, where you provide feedback around the status of your responsibilities, and work within the team to drive a common goal.
- Stay up-to-date on the interests and challenges our target audience and contribute to the editorial direction of new topics that cater to the interests and challenges of Developers and DBAs.
- Publish new content to website/Intranet and maintain and update content repositories.
- Prior experience in writing full-length technical documents such as white papers and/or product documentation
- Passionate about writing, reading and reasoning about technical content
- Knowledge of keyword analysis and SEO optimization of content
- Exceptional project management skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Knowledge of other European languages is a plus
- Ability to collaborate with coworkers in a matrixed and global marketing organization
- Love to hustle and work in a fast pace environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or Marketing, English, Journalism or other relevant field
- Experience as a developer, DevOps manager, or DBA
- Experience as a content creator, content marketer, and/or technical writer
- Previous experience marketing to developers and/or B2B technology company
- Hands-on experience with website publishing tools
- Familiarity with Jira project tracking software (or similar)