Loading some great jobs for you...
Qualifications and Training
A.To serve as DOM, the individual must:
1. Hold a mechanic certificate with airframe and powerplant ratings;
2. Have 1 year of experience in a position responsible for returning airplanes to service;
3. Have at least 1 year of experience in a supervisory capacity under either of the type airplanes listed in the bullets under item d below maintaining the same category and class of airplane as the certificate holder uses; and
4. Have 3 years experience within the past 6 years in one or a combination of the following:
(a) Maintaining large airplanes with 10 or more passenger seats, including at the time of appointment as Director of Maintenance, experience in maintaining the same category and class of airplane as the certificate holder uses; or
(b) Repairing airplanes in a certificated airframe repair station that is rated to maintain airplanes in the same category and class of airplane as the certificate holder uses.
B.This position must be filled by an individual who is qualified through training, experience and expertise.
C. Basic FunctionThe DOM has the overall responsibility to ensure that the business goals are met within the Technical Operations division, in support of a safe and functioning maintenance process.
A.The DOM has authority (including safety risk acceptance authority) for the following processes:
1. Aircraft Logbook Process
2. Maintenance Program / Maintenance Inspection Schedule
3. Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
4. Maintenance Facilities / Main Maintenance Base
5. Control of Calibrated Tools and Test Equipment
6. Aircraft Parts / Material Control
7. Maintenance Certificates and Maintenance Duty Time Limits
8. Maintenance / RII Training
9. Maintenance Control184.108.40.206
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Has overall authority to ensure the airworthiness of the Company s aircraft and the performance of the maintenance, preventive maintenance and alteration of its aircraft, including airframes, aircraft engines, appliances and emergency equipment, are established and followed in accordance with the manual system.
2. Ensures proper facilities and personnel are available to perform all maintenance, preventive maintenance and inspection activities.
3. Formulates and administers plans to control programs, policy and procedures relating to the maintenance, inspection, safety and reliability of aircraft operated by the Company.
4. Understands and actively participates in the Company s Safety Management System, remaining vigilant for hazards/associated safety risks and for reporting safety issues to supervisors.
5. Supervises key maintenance activities to the requirements of operations so that the Company can obtain optimum utilization of its aircraft.
6. Obtains the necessary technical personnel to achieve the departmental maintenance program.
7. Makes adjustments to methods, policies and procedures; and provides for continued improvement in the safety, efficiency and production of the group.
9. Enters into agreements with other organizations for the proper inspection, maintenance and overhaul of the Company airplanes, systems and equipment.
10. Arranges through the different department managers to make all required reports to the FAA and other Regulatory Authorities.
11. Coordinates with the Safety Department on action items, Equipment/Personnel safety issues and Audit follow up.
12. Administers Company policies. Formulates departmental procedures to support and carry out those Company policies.
13. Acts as the primary interface with the FAA on maintenance issues.
14. Sign for and receive all OpSpecs Paragraphs.
15. Serves as a member of the CASS Review Board and attends monthly CASS meetings as defined in CASS, Chapter 1, Section 5.
17. Attends the Daily Operations Review meetings for the CASS program.
18. Serves as a member of the SMS Committee.
19. The DOM may delegate some or all of his responsibilities to a qualified individual during his absence. However he is ultimately responsible for the accomplishment of the above mentioned duties.
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...