As an FBI Special Agent with healthcare/medical expertise, you'll have a unique opportunity to use your health experience to make a difference in a career like no other.
While doctors, physician assistants, nurses and other health professionals work at the FBI in a number of capacities, we currently have more than 250 Special Agent Medics around the country who are fully qualified emergency medical specialists - EMTs, Advanced Paramedics, Emergency Physicians and others, most of whom come with years of emergency medicine experience and continue to train to keep their skills sharp. You might be embedded within certain field SWAT teams, our Hazardous Materials Response Unit (HMRU) in the FBI Lab and our Hostage Rescue Team (HRT) in our Critical Incident Response Group (CIRG).
As an FBI Special Agent Medic, you will support crisis-response efforts, special operations, terrorism and high-risk investigations. You will tend not just FBI employees but others, such as subjects and civilians involved in a hostage situation where it's not safe for local emergency workers to enter the scene. But you will also use your health and medical expertise in other ways as a Special Agent, such as conducting interviews requiring health expertise and recovering evidence. Your ultimate mission: to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
Being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and amazing experiences.
What you'll need to succeed:
* Exceptional analytic and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to quickly grasp details of cases requiring health and medical expertise and clearly communicate the impact to non-expert colleagues and teams both internally and externally.
* Be detail-oriented, yet keep a strategic focus.
* Ability to objectively evaluate information and make sound judgments.
* BA/BS or advanced degree (preferably in a medical, health or public safety discipline).
* Certification as an EMT or Paramedic.
* Honesty and integrity must be the foundation of who you are.
* Demonstrated health expertise and ability to respond calmly and effectively in crisis situations.
* The drive to make a difference in the communities you serve.
All applicants are evaluated on core competencies of collaboration, communication, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal ability, leadership, organizing/planning and problem solving/judgment.
The FBI Special Agent position requires significant commitment and dedication from you and your family, but it's an experience you will never forget. As a Special Agent, you will join an elite team of people committed to the highest standards. Our team has a mission like no other and our people are sought after as some of the best in their fields.
* Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
* Must have a bachelor's degree or master's degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
* Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
* Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
* Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months driving experience.
* Meet all FBI physical requirements, be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy in Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
* Commit to serving as a Special Agent for a minimum of three years.
* Successfully complete approximately 20 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy.
* Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include odd hours, and be on call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
* Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
Associated topics: lab, laboratory, medical lab science, microbiology, mls, molecular, scientist, surgical technologist, technician, technologist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...