This Associate Director/Senior Product Manager has responsibility to maximize companion diagnostic launches and commercialization for Foundation Medicine testing platforms (e.g. FoundationOne CDx) in conjunction with a biopharmaceutical partner commercial team. This role has limited pre-commercialization work. This role will focus on developing and implementing marketing programs and tactics that leverage the companion diagnostic approval to drive use of comprehensive genomic profiling and grow Foundation Medicine's share of diagnostic testing. The ideal candidate is an experienced marketer of highly technical and clinical products and demonstrates strength in product management, product launches and commercialization, and demonstrates a high level of business acumen. This individual will have experience working cross-functionally, partnering with a sales team and external customers, and have the ability to build and manage physician relationships.
Responsibilities will include:
* Skilled at building global relationships with key internal cross-functional stakeholders from both Foundation Medicine, Roche, and biopharmaceutical partners.
* Collaborates closely with the Foundation Medicine commercial, alliance management and business development teams to promote Foundation Medicine commercial capabilities and execute commercial contracts with biopharmaceutical partners.
* Leads product requirement gathering from external and internal stakeholders for assigned companion diagnostic programs and conducts market research to inform and validate requirements.
* Works with the lifecycle leaders and franchise development leaders to coordinate activities for assigned companion diagnostic programs with platform level (e.g. FoundationOne CDx) development and commercial activities.
* Serves as the subject matter expert for Foundation Medicine testing, possessing strong clinical knowledge of key solid and hematological malignancies as well act as representing the voice of the customer (physicians and biopharma partners) for internal discussions.
* Develops forecasts for assigned companion diagnostic programs, providing input to the lifecycle leader, product development and operational teams.
* Creates innovative commercial solutions, programs and tools to support assigned companion diagnostic launches and help the biopharmaceutical partner achieve their goals.
* Evaluates current promotional plans to determine how platform messaging may be optimized in light of particular companion diagnostic programs.
* Partners with platform strategy lead, marketing promotions and sales operations to develop positioning, value propositions and targeting for assigned companion diagnostic programs.
* Creates relationships and strategic partnerships with key opinion leaders and other stakeholders to support business initiatives. Regularly connects to drive education, market adoption and innovation of Foundation Medicine products.
* Spends time in the field to gain market and clinical insights, as well as build relationships with key physicians.
Desired Background and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree required (Business, Science, Healthcare/Biomedical strongly preferred).
* Advanced degree (Masters, MBA) strongly preferred.
* 5+ years of work experience in product marketing, preferably within diagnostics.
* Familiarity with the product development process and launch experience a plus.
* Experience creating impactful marketing plans and developing value propositions, positioning and targeting.
* Experience building relationships with key customers and cross-functional partners. Biopharmaceutical partnering experience is a plus.
* Oncology diagnostic sales experience a plus.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Primarily domestic and potentially global travel up to 30%.