- $57,540.00 -82,490.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
89 Meshacket Rd
Responsible for maintaining and ensuring that company culinary standard and operating procedures in all area. Primary responsibilities are overseeing all aspects of banquet and catering culinary execution, assisting the executive chef in many other areas. Banquet Chef has the human resource, financial and administrative responsibilities as they pertain to his/her direct reports. In addition, she/he is also responsible for working closely with the executive chef to assure standards are being met in all other aspects of the culinary operation. Must be capable of fulfilling all areas of executive chef's responsibilities in his/her absence. Must work closely with executive chef in promoting a company's culture, mission and philosophy as well as training and mentoring all culinary department and steward associates.
Essential Job Functions and Primary Responsibilities:
* Demonstrate effective leadership skills including delegation skills.
* Ability to meet budgets including labor, food and applicable direct operating costs.
* Must have manager food handler's certificate.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule in order to accommodate business levels.
* Conduct hands-on teaching and training in the kitchen and at events, working closely with chefs and cooks, as well as other associates as applicable who work in BOH, and help with food preparation and execution.
* Train and educate associates on new menu items and changes in procedures for current menu items; monitor and hold associate accountable for implementing the changes
* Work with the executive chef to develop production methodologies to increase efficiency, productivity, quality and/or consistency culinary.
* Review banquet menu each week with the executive chef to discuss all details of events including menu, presentation, associate's assignments, and logistics.
* Work with the pastry chef to ensure that desserts served are executed properly at events by culinary associates.
* Work with the executive chef on on-going and quarterly menu development for our standard menus, internal menu tastings, and photoshoots as well as recipes developing.
* Work with executive chef ongoing culinary educational training programs.
* Be involved in all client tastings, executing tastings along with Executive Chef
* Thoroughly understand kitchen administrative flow. Assist executive chef in maintenance and upkeep of the system.
* Assist the executive chef in detailed planning and administrative work with special projects.
* Fulfill all administrative responsibilities of the executive chef as needed.
* Attend operations meetings and banquet event order meetings, and communicate to associates the challenges from past events, nuances of upcoming events and other important issues.
* Work with executive chef in conducting weekly and monthly kitchen meetings, with meeting minutes and follow-up action plans.
* Work with the executive chef on biannual meetings with the culinary team to review new menus, new presentation, and new production methodologies.
* 3 years in the fast pace banquet kitchen
* Ability to run multi-events at the same time
* 2 years as a hands-on banquet sous chef
* Ability to organize the event from start to finish
* Three years senior-level or Banquet Chef experience in the high-quality, volume-oriented environment.
* Culinary School graduate or related training
Associated topics: catering, chef, dining chef, executive kitchen, grill chef, head chef, prep chef, restaurant assistant chef, restaurant chef, tavern
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...