- $30,910.00 -41,600.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
89 Meshacket Rd
Essential Job Functions and Primary Responsibilities:
- Setting up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Preparing ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat, etc.)
- Cooking food in various utensils or griller
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat, etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check the quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Proven experience as a cook
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling, etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Must have manager food handler's certificate.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in order to accommodate business levels.
- Order, prep, and keep stocked the common ingredients for all cooking stations, including vegetables, spices, etc.
- Follow the guidance of chef de partie in the preparation and presentation of the meals
- Abide by and enforce health codes and cleanliness standards in the kitchen and food storage areas
- Check for plating accuracy (garnish, portion size, correct serving dish, etc.)
- 2 years of experience in a cook position
- 3 years of experiences in day to day kitchen organization of a multi-outlets hotel.
- 2 years senior-level or cook 2 and 3 experience in a high-quality, volume-oriented environment.
- Culinary School graduate or related training
Associated topics: banquet, breakfast, cocinera de la parrilla, cocinero de la preparacion, food prep, lunch, prep cook, restaurant cook, steakhouse, stove
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...