- $134,970.00 -134,970.00/year*
89 Meshacket Rd
The Director of Human resources will provide human resources leadership, strategic support, consultation, coaching, direction and advice to the General Manager and all Hotel employees on all human resources related topics as well as Harbor View Hotel culture and values. A vital part of this role is to work with senior management to develop the employment process to support business goals and objectives. Directs, oversees and/or coordinates all human resources activities such as employment, compensation, employee relations, benefit, training, and performance management.
Essential Job Functions and Primary Responsibilities:
* Effective recruiting and hiring for all roles within the hotel utilizing progressive and innovative recruiting techniques while being mindful of time, cost and quality
* Lead the hotel in Employee Engagement strategies and activities to ensure the hotel is continually assessing and improving its management and leadership practices to ensure a highly engaged workforce
* Conduct, document and analyze employee exit interview, turnover statistics, absenteeism reports, etc., to identify trends, training needs, supervisory issues, etc., to improve employee engagement and retention
* Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Makes recommendations to Managers regarding follow-up actions
* Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine a competitive compensation plan and individual compensation recommendations
* Develop and oversee the maintenance and communication of employment records as required by law or policy. Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements. Consult with legal counsel, to ensure consistent application of law and corporate policy
* Manage and coordinate seasonal housing requirements to support the seasonal business
* Design and facilitate effective training and development programs for employees. Ensure that all managers and supervisors are trained on the progressive discipline process, performance management process.
* Coach Managers to create and maintain a work environment with high morale and productivity. Conduct new employee orientation to familiarize employees with Company values, standards, policies, procedures, rules, and other employee programs
* Administrative duties to include worker's compensation, unemployment claims, maintenance of employee records and HRIS system, etc.
* Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel staff, Corporate Human Resources and Corporate legal
* Coordinate and administer locally developed special recognition programs
* Background in the hospitality industry.
* Track record of delivering an exceptional associate experience
* Excellent judgment with strong problem-solving capabilities.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, i.e., poised and engaging, empathetic communication styles that can enliven, engage, and positively impact individuals and groups.
* Ability to partner with all levels of managers, providing a consultative approach and employee relations.
* Ability to act quickly and efficiently with a high degree of professionalism.
* Customer service orientation.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Demonstrable expertise in analysis and action taking
* Excellent organization and prioritizing skills
* Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HRIS systems
* Bachelor's degree with a minimum of five to seven years' experience in a high-volume hospitality environment. Leadership or managerial level experience preferred.
* Experience with Netchex and M3 time and attendance is a plus
* Independent hotel experience
* Prior work in a seasonal resort
Associated topics: administrator, associate director, chief human resource officer, director, guidance, head, manager, president, senior associate, senior director
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...