The Hotel Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting the Hotel Controller in providing timely and accurate processing of information and reporting by which management can make informed decisions.
Maintains records, processes paperwork, reconciliations, resolves discrepancies, verifies the information and monitors procedures to ensure compliance with accounting procedures and company standards, while maintaining a high level of strict confidentiality of records and information.
* Bi-weekly payroll processing * Accounts receivable * Perform other assignments as requested by management
* Strong organizational skills with focused attention to detail and accuracy * Sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment * Excellent people skills with a positive, outgoing personality * Excellent phone and computer skills needed * Ability to follow hotel standard policies and procedures * Ability to work productively with other associates as part of a team * Legal ability to work in the US. * Ability to work a flexible workweek including weekends and holidays * Maintain a high level of strict confidentiality of records and information * Ability and willingness to cross train in other functions within the accounting department
* College degree in Accounting or related field * Five years of hotel accounting experience in payroll and accounts receivable
* Previous payroll experience * Previous accounts receivable experience * Previous customer service experience * High school graduate * Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, and Excel * Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills * Must be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.