The Housekeeping Supervisor ensures guest satisfaction by constant inspections of all guest areas. The Supervisor is responsible for the work performance of associates by ensuring cleanliness standards are maintained resulting in a superior product of cleanliness and quality. Regular duties include: maintaining and repairs are reported and followed upon and completing room cleanliness inspections to release rooms into the system. The supervisor will also assist with ensuring stock and inventory, room assignment allocation and with efficient operations of the laundry area.
Essential Job Functions and Primary Responsibilities:
* Provides a clean, well-maintained hotel by supervising the laundry and housekeeping operation and ensuring standards are met
* Ensures the turnover of all vacant and clean rooms in a timely manner
* Provides coaching, encouragement, and recognition to the team when necessary
* Assist with the departmental scheduling, training and performance management.
* Inspects guest rooms for cleanliness, damage and maintenance issues and reviews results with Room Attendants; coaches and drives accountability and performance improvement.
* Ensures linen storage rooms and housekeeping carts are clean, organized and properly inventoried for the next day.
* Promotes safety standards
* Utilizes leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize employee productivity and satisfaction
* Meets and exceeds customer expectations by ensuring the Housekeeping Department provides superior service and teamwork
* Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for team members and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations
* Cleans rooms and other areas as required
* Strong customer service, conflict resolution, employee engagement, retention and team building skills
* Refined verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to effectively interact with people of diverse backgrounds
* 1 year of supervisory experience
* Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service
* Time Management in a face paced environment
* Prior Hospitality experience
* CPR certification
* Familiarization with Visual One
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.