The Housing Manager contributes to the success of delivering the Harbor View experience through managing the staff housing property in a manner that ensures the reputation of the company on the island as well as its employer brand image and staff experience are positive.
* Assign staff housing units and works with HR to ensure welcome packets are ready for resident pick-up.
* Ensure linen is available in housing for each resident: linen, pillow, blanket, pillowcase.
* Protect company and landlords by demonstrating and utilizing a thorough knowledge and understanding of the various lease agreements.
* Maintain positive landlord relationships by touching base with each landlord on a monthly basis.
* Ensure consistent receipt of maintenance request and housing concerns log from the human resources office being sure to provide follow through and follow-up on all items in a timely manner.
* Log items and concerns brought to the attention of the housing manager direct.
* Enforce housing guidelines being sure to implement corrective action as needed.
* Ensure common areas are well maintained.
* Communicate with vendors regarding housing needs (utilities, maintenance, etc.). Ensure utilities are turned on and off at the proper times so the company is not overcharged.
* Conduct pre-season and post-season walk-throughs of units for overall condition, unit report, and furniture inventory with the HR Director. Video each unit before and after turnover.
* Perform weekly check of all properties.
* Conduct formal monthly inspections of all housing units.
* Conduct informal weekly checks of all housing units.
* Order supplies as needed and as approved by the HR Director/GM.
* Manage the key distribution and reclamation as well as storage.
* Provide HR Director/GM with recommendations on improvements in all areas of housing.
* Maintains positive staff relations by providing excellent service.
* Resolves conflict and communicates concerns to HR and/or GM.
* Resolves roommate concerns through mediation and other action as needed.
* Organize and/or help human resources in organizing resident/staff activity events.
* Understands the corrective action process and implements within the housing setting.
* Be available to residents for questions and concerns.
* Distributes staff and resident communications within the housing.
* Manage the housing spreadsheet detailing who resides in each unit.
* Maintain documentation of dates the various units were occupied as well as by which property.
* Sent updated housing chart on a weekly basis to GM & HR Director.
* Report to accounting on a monthly basis the number of individuals from each hotel resident in each hotel's housing.
* Process purchase orders for all items purchased for housing program being sure the items are approved by HR Director and GM and entered into the hotel's checkbook.
* Understands and practices all aspects of safety including reporting procedures.
* Collects uniforms from company housing to return to the hotel.
* Maintain an inventory of housing linen.
* Maintains working knowledge of company policies, procedures, and housing program.
* Assists in reviewing and updating the housing program.
* Protects the organization and staff by keeping the information confidential.
* Responds to reference checks on previous employees.
* Maintains a positive working relationship with all departments and team members.
* Previous experience living in a dormitory style setting is a plus.
* Previous experience serving as a dormitory resident assistant is also a plus. Previous experience serving in a related role with within a seasonal business setting also a plus.
* Experience in making maintenance and repairs is desired.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.