- $26,380.00 -33,630.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
89 Meshacket Rd
The Lead Steward manages the Stewarding team and ensures the kitchen is supplied with clean dishes, pots, pans, and utensils. Also, have the job of keeping the kitchen clean during a shift, takes out the trash, cleans floors, etc. A Steward is working as a team member in a dynamic workplace, and to follow all the safety procedures, and must have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
* Maintain all glass, china, silver, and chemical storage areas clean and organized at all times.
* Maintain all Banquet equipment (hot boxes, chaffing dishes) clean and organized at all times.
* Maintain all dish and pot washing equipment and areas clean and organized at all times.
* Properly use chemicals and cleaning agents to manufacturer's specifications.
* Prepare and deliver banquet requisitions as directed by the Chief Steward.
* Maintain all Back of the House traffic areas and floors clean, dry and free of clutter.
* Understand the duties outlined by the Banquet Responsibility Sequence.
* Participate in the proper storage and organization of all food, paper, and chemical goods.
* Maintain loading dock and receiving areas clean and free of clutter.
* Dispose of all trash and recyclable materials as directed by the Chief Steward.
* Practice and adhere to Scout Culinary Standards as they pertain to stewarding.
* Demonstrate standard sanitation practices and cleaning schedules; adhere to local and state health code regulations.
* Assist in the cleaning, organization, and maintenance of walk-in refrigerators and food storage areas.
* Assist in the production and transportation of buffet items.
* Maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer as directed.
* Follow proper payroll and uniform procedures, wear a proper uniform and maintain a high standard in regards to personal appearance as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
* Check the schedule on a regular basis for changes. Arrive at your work area at the time listed in the schedule
* Be aware of appearance, quality of work, and attitudes with guests.
* Report unsafe conditions to management. Properly handle and report employee guest accidents.
* Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by the Supervisor, MOD or hotel management.
* Fundamental knowledge of receiving, storing and rotating perishable food products
* Must possess strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
* The heightened sense of urgency with strong attention to detail.
* Ability to work without constant, direct supervision.
* Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
* Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
* Ability to follow all of the Sea Crest Beach Hotel standards policies and procedures.
* Ability to work productively with other employees as part of a team.
* Ability to handle obstacles in a positive and professional manner and to effectively communicate these problems, along with suggested solutions
* Legal ability to work in the US.
* Basic reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English Language. Ability to perform basic arithmetic
* Ability to work a flexible workweek including nights, weekends and holidays.
* ServSafe certified or equivalent certification
* Previous guest relations training
* Experience in hospitality industry in similar position.
* CPR certification
Requirements: Education and Experience:
* Ability to continuously stand and walk.
* Occasional sitting for completion of paperwork.
* Ability to lift or move objects up to 50 lbs.
* Standing and walking is continuous for 4-5 hours at a time.
* Standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and ascending and descending stairs are repetitive movements.
* Lifting and carrying a 30-lb tray is repetitive
* Fine motor skills are needed for writing guest checks and folding napkins.
* High school graduate.
Associated topics: cleaning, dishwasher, dishwasher steward, duties, housekeeping, lavaplatos, plates, steward, stock, washer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...