- $33,710.00 -49,120.00/year*
89 Meshacket Rd
The Sales Manager is responsible for all sales activities including solicitation of new business by conduction of outside calls and performing marketing activities to promote group hotel sales and develop leads. This position is also responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with key professionals and hotel personnel to enhance overall business relationships with the company.
Essential Job Functions and Primary Responsibilities:
* Discover new business opportunities through weekly telephone calls, emails, and in-person visits with potential business prospects in various markets. Prospecting activity volume will be in accordance with solicitation goals.
* Solicit, negotiate and generate contracted revenues from volume prospects that meet the criteria established in the hotel business plan.
* Accurately prepare and present Requests for Proposals so that both the client and hotel receive exceptional value.
* Develop, implement and constantly modify sales action plans.
* Responsible for assigned target markets which may include, but may not be limited to, Corporate accounts, associations, government, SMERF, tour groups, wholesalers, and FIT's.
* Negotiate and close contracts that meet the hotel's plan objectives. Desired arrival, departure and volume patterns must be met.
* Develop hotel-level tactical sales and marketing plans to support overall system-wide sales plans/strategies and programs.
* Ability to maintain existing accounts and solicit new business through trade shows, referrals, and one-on-one sales and sales blitz calls.
* Sales trips in designated and key markets to target new customers for all market segments assigned.
* Internally communicate client requirements, thereby ensuring all information is accurate between the client and hotel stuff.
* Conduct onsite tours as requested by the client.
* Develop positive working relationships with department managers and keep them informed of issues affecting their areas as they arise.
* Issue weekly activity reports to Director of Sales with a detail of each day's activities.
* Use creativity and initiative to explore new ways to increase revenues.
* Achieve quarterly booking goals.
* Follow set guidelines for group business and catering minimums.
* Ensure proper credit is established for all bookings and deposits are received in a timely manner. Collaborate with finance team to ensure timely and accurate billing and payment of all client invoices.
* Knowledge and experience with group booking contracts/addendums. Ability to negotiate changes to contracts that align with hotel contract guidelines that protect both the hotel and booking group.
* Collaborate with the Marketing Manager on promotions and programming at the hotel.
* Daily contact with GM and property departments working with clients.
* Minimum 5 years of hotel sales experience
* Must be able to work well in stressful, high volume and high-pressure situations.
* Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due dates and deadlines.
* Must be able to cope with frequently changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism, and collaboration.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, possessing a positive, outgoing, and naturally curious personality.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business, technology, and financial information and data.
* Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
* Legal ability to work in the U.S.
* Excellent reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English Language.
* Ability to work a flexible workweek including nights, weekends, and holidays
* Prior Luxury Hotel Sales Experience
* Prior experience with Delphi and Agilisys Visual One
Associated topics: branch manager, director of sales, leader, management, manager of sales, regional sales manager, sales director, sales manager, supervisor, team lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...