Scientist Plasmid Production and Purification
Location: Bedford, MA
Homology Medicines seeks an outstanding Scientist in the Upstream Process Development team to oversee the development of plasmid DNA product manufacturing platforms. The individual in this role will be a highly-skilled, talented and motivated scientist who will focus on the development, characterization, and scale up of methods for producing plasmid DNA. We seek candidates with proven ability to work independently after initial training and collaboratively to achieve optimized project plans, with the goal to deliver products that transform the lives of patients.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Oversee optimization of critical scientific and engineering parameters for DNA production including bacterial cell culture and fermentation, harvest, feed strategies, and lysis and clarification
- Purification experience with chromatographic purification or HPLC evaluation using IEX or HIC
- Evaluate raw materials and equipment ensuring scalability and compatibility with GMP operations
- Molecular techniques including DNA sequencing, restriction digest analysis, gel electrophoresis, and ELISAs
- Develop SOP s, batch records, and provide technical support and training to others
- Ability to support regulatory documentation from needed for submissions
Skills and Experience
- BS (6+), MS (3+), or PhD (1+) years industry experience. Degree experience in biochemistry, chemistry, or molecular biology
- Previous production of biologic products in bacterial culture systems
- Industry experience in the manufacturing of DNA products in fermentation bioreactors
- Purification experience with anion exchange or hydrophobic interaction chromatography
- Able to effectively manage and prioritize multiple parallel laboratory activities is essential
- Excellent interpersonal written and oral communication skills and ability to work as part of multidisciplinary teams
Associated topics: bioinformatic, biomaterials, biomedical engineer, bioprocessing, enzyme, hereditary, medical, neurodegenerative, pain, therapeutic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...