+ industry:Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
Randstad is seeking an Instructional Designer for a three month contract assignment at one of its biotechnology clients in Bedford, MA. This client is a leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of premium molecular diagnostic products and services that are used to diagnose human diseases, screen donated human blood, and aid in biomedical research. You will work in an atmosphere that is stimulating, innovative, and customer focused.
- Work with subject matter experts to identify learning needs and objectives
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design
- Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the training
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Design a variety of instructional materials for traditional instructor-led courses, online programs, web-based learning aids or products, and other programs as needed
- Develop course materials based on information provided by technical subject matter experts which may include facilitator and participant guides, presentation materials and handouts
- Propose exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Recommend changes to existing courses, including technology or instructional methods, to better adhere to delivery options for the course
- Attends SME meetings to develop course objectives, content, learner activities, and exercises
- Attend train-the-trainer and pilot offerings; and revise course materials as needed
- Design, edit, and produce learning materials in a variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video, animation and multimedia to support learning, performance improvements, and field needs.
- Provide assistance to teammates in technology tools and methods, use of instructional software, and effective use of multimedia
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Experience with Articulate 360 (Rise, Storyline, Review), Camtasia, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and SnagIt
- Knowledge of layout, typography, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Cornerstone or similar learning management systems
- Bachelors degree required
- Advanced degree or certification in Instructional Design is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Learning & Development with an emphasis on Instructional Design, learning trends, and program effectiveness. Experience in medical device industry is a plus.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. Associated topics: audio, av technician, av vtc, camera operator, radio operator, systems engineer, technician, tv, video teleconference, voip
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.