Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges-and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE-and make a difference with us.
The HR Service Center Manager oversees the team supporting MITRE's Talent as first point of contact for Benefits, Onboarding, HR Transactions and Absence Management. In addition to handling calls from employees, the team is also responsible for processing transactions, reporting, auditing transactions and records. This position acts as the escalation point for the HR Service Center. The Manager ensures that the Service Center staff are trained to provide the highest level of service and understand all policies, procedures and corporate standards. Working collaboratively with Centers of Excellence, the Manager will assure that the Service Center is aligned and prepared to deliver on programs established. As new tools are developed that can better support our organization, the Manager will seek to enhance the Talent Experience by continuously improving and taking advantage of new strategies and technologies where appropriate.
* Ensures that complete and accurate employee records are maintained in accordance with MITRE's Record Retention Schedule. Monitors HR personnel audits and follows up upon findings
* Manages resolution of claims issues, eligibility and other problems with third-party vendors.
Builds a collaborative and cohesive team through ongoing, coaching and development of staff.
* Investigates and implements state-of-the-art systems and processes for HRSC to ensure efficient, high quality customer service.
Develops, plans, and performs process analysis for the purpose of identifying ways to improve Service Center workflow and Customer Service to employees. Identifies and corrects workflow problems to improve the quality and efficiency of Service Center activities.
* Continually conducts outreach to other areas of HR to establish strong working partnerships. Collaborates with other functional areas to ensure that HR programs are accurately administered and communicated, and to execute process improvements.
* Exercises independent judgment consistent with broad policies.
* Determines and pursues courses of action essential in obtaining desired outcomes for the Service Center function.
* Utilizes strong communications skills
* Works under consultative direction.
* Maintains a customer perspective at all times, keeping the customer as the focal point of all activities.
* Strong active listening skills and ability to understand and respond promptly to employee needs.
* Adept at identifying and monitoring appropriate performance measurements.
* Strives continually to improve customer service and address customer needs and concerns.
* Benchmarks customer service performance and identifies more effective ways of delivering services.
* Able to identify and execute state-of-the-art processes, systems and approaches to delivery of customer service.
* Manages corporate department.
* Has authority to initiate hire, terminate, and initiate pay changes.
* Determines team and groups structures and roles.
* Develops departmental budgets and schedules.
* Ensures budgets meet corporate guidelines.
* Develops vision and mission direction for department.
* BS or 15 years of related experience* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...