: US-MA-Waltham# of Openings
: HousekeepingPosition Type
: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status
: Non-ExemptAbout Us
Only 15 miles from downtown Boston, The Westin Waltham Boston provides easy access to Concord, Lexington, and Cambridge. Our associates can enjoy a list of excellent benefits, which include free onsite parking, complimentary lunch or dinner meals and free uniform dry cleaning. Complimentary on site dental cleanings provided every 6 months and an annual complimentary flu shot for associates on our medical/dental benefits. For those looking to stay fit, you can take advantage of our complimentary access to our WestinWORKOUT Fitness Studio. At the Westin Waltham, we take care of you so that you can take care of our guests! Overview
Maintain the hotel rooms and building to ensure safe and clean experience for hotel guests, associates and vendors. Responsibilities
- Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, and floor surfaces using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
- Adhere to cleaning procedures and instructions for use of cleaning agents.
- Strip beds and make beds, changing bed linens, which may require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly.
- Push and pull vacuum throughout entire room and empty trash.
- Replenish amenities, linens, and supplies in guest room.
- Sign for room keys, retrieve, push to assigned rooms and restock heavy cart. Visually inspect room for cleanliness and appearance and signify completion for room.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
- Must be willing to \"pitch-in\" and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Knowledge of chemical cleaning agents and operation of various cleaning equipment with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Associated topics: guest room, guest room attendant, hotel, house, janitorial, laundry attendant, planchadores tintoreria y lavanderia, room attendant, suite attendant, turndown attendant