Toxikon Corporation, originally founded in 1977, is a Contract Research and testing company with laboratories in Bedford, MA. Our mission continues to focus on providing quality pre-clinical services, competitively priced, with on-time delivery for the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Biotech industries.
Toxikon is looking for a self-motivated and quality focused individual to join our medical device extraction team. The successful candidate will work hand in hand with our study directors, quality assurance and sponsors/clients to ensure all medical device preparation aspects are performed per scientific and regulatory standards. Highly motivated individuals will have an advancement track through the departments it supports. This position is an integral component of a fast paced environment. You will be joining a rapidly growing team and will be selected based on both experience/aptitude and a dynamic personality.
Prior to being tested in clinical trials, medical devices are required by the FDA, EU, Japan, China etc. to perform pre-clinical safety testing referred to as biocompatibility. As most medical devices cannot be directly dosed or applied to the test system, they are extracted using common vehicles and solvents which mimic the conditions found in the human body (blood, muscle, lipids etc.). It is these \"extracts\" which pull compounds out of the devices, which the body would naturally, and these solutions are dosed as equivalent alternative to the original, whole device. This Medical Device Extraction Research Associate position is responsible for the preparation of the medical devices and creating the required dose solutions (extracts).
* Medical devices are prepared for testing using geometrical calculations and therefore skill in routine mathematic principles is required.
* Review the nature and composition of medical devices and determine sample requirements for testing.
* Must have strong communication skills as frequent conversations about testing plans and requirements occur with Sponsors, study directors, sales/customer service and the research associate staff.
* Inherent curiosity of how things work since the position will offer an exposure to a wide variety of medical devices and learning how they operate allows for a greater adeptness in appropriately preparing them for testing.
* Daily calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment and instruments.
* Ability to independently solve both technical and theoretical problems and deal with a variety of variables related to the lab and the scientific conduct of studies the lab supports.
* Ability to comprehend and conform to SOPs and with GLP, ISO and FDA standards.
* Good interpersonal skills, proficiency with computers, organization and time management skills are required. Motivated worker with willingness to learn additional skills and complete tasks independently is a plus.
* B.S. in a scientific area (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
* A.S. may be considered based on prior knowledge/work experience.
This position is located in Bedford, MA.
For additional information about Toxikon go to www.toxikon.com
Toxikon offers a comprehensive benefits program including: paid vacation, sick and personal time, 401(k) plan with company match, medical, dental, vision care, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurances, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program, employee referral bonus, discount programs and more.
Toxikon is an equal opportunity employer. As an equal opportunity employer we do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant because of race, sex, gender, ethnicity, religion, creed, age, color, military/veteran status, genetic condition or information, Family and Medical Leave entitlement, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, qualified physical or mental disability, transgender status, or any other legally protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Associated topics: biomedical, dietary, disease, drug discovery, histology, immuno oncology, immunoassay, injury, physiology, therapy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...